Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dominica

o today I went hiking. It wasn't just any hike. At least half of it was spent searching for footholds on steep hills. It was 45 minutes to reach our destination. An incredible waterfall called Brandy Falls.
It's not something that I ever thought I would be able to do. My calves and thighs hurt right now, and no matter how good Keen's are, there are still some small blisters on my feet. Soaking in the pool at the bottom of the falls, totally made the adventuresome hike worth it.



There was also a very friendly crab hanging out half way up the waterfall. One of his not so friendly brothers bit my foot as I was walking around in the water. Luckily it left me with only a small blood blister and nothing more.

It was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment